There was a guy on the bus to Bangkok from Koh Chang who was from
Edmonton! I thought he was from around here so it was a real surprise.
He's actually born in Cambodia and regularly visits Cambodia. More
interesting was that when I asked him what he does he said he was going
to be the next leader of Cambodia. He said it with such earnestness
that I'm tempted to believe he's actually going to be a candidate. We
talked a little bit and he seemed to be well studied up on the politics
of the region. Too bad I hd to get off before I could find out more...
but I'll keep an eye open for him in Edmonton.
ps. Chang Mai is a neat city. A bit bigger than I was expecting. Went
to see Thai boxing last night.. only non-thai guy was an Australian who
caught his opponent with a knee to the head and knocked him silly. I
don't know why tey even bother with boxing gloves when elbows and knees
and feet are fair game!
JJ
No comments:
Post a Comment