Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hi from Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hi all,

I got a call while in the guesthouse in Kuala Lumpur from the Russian couple I had been hanging out with... they missed me and having decided to delay going to Thailand a bit longer decided to see if I would come and hang out with them on an island off the very NW tip of Malaysia called Langkawi. Nice beach etc.. we did a trip to the cable car for a good view of the area. It was a good day and the pictures came out well. I made some interesting friends while in Lankawi including a couple from Austria ( who seemed to be there to take advantage of the tax-free status with relation to beer consumption.. aprox 50 cents cdn a can of beer.. vs $2 Cdn elsewhere in Malaysia). We also hung out with an Arbian guy and his wife ( who at least had her face showing.. there are a number of "Ninja's" walking around this part of the world). I had a lucky game playing pool and I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him show up at my doorstep in the future for a rematch!

I've since moved on to Georgetown on Penang, an island south of Langkawi.

Hope all is well with each of you.

JJ


ps, saw Hellboy II last night.. was very please that the Malaysian censors didn't have to make any cuts or silence any swears - it can really ruin a movie. I'm scared to go see Batman.. can anyone comment on the amount of swearing?

No comments: