Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hi from Chang Mai - my bike accident

Tuesday, April 29, 2008


I had a bit of an accident last night.. I had rented a bike and was tooling along in traffic when I decided to take a shortcut down the sidewalk... it was barren and I thought it was the safest way to avoid the car pulling out in front of me. I forgot about the fact that they don't pour a sidewalk here.. every lot has it's own "sidewalk" out front and although these were all the same level ( I think that's what tricked me ) one of them had a 3" concrete wall which launched me up in the air. I was going fairly fast and was still at a slight angle turning off the road and I went flying. The lucky part was that my landing spot was a nice flat tile area so I just slid upon landing. If anything had grabbed I'm sure my injuries would be much more than the 5" of scraped arm! I'm counting my lucky stars today and trying to remember the lesson learned.

oh, btw. I skipped Bangkok so far.. got there ( from Koh Chan Island, Thailand near Cambodia ) and just went to the train station and hopped on a train to Chang Mai. Pai is next and then who knows.


Justin

No comments: