Saturday, April 18, 2009

O man

April 15-18
Oman... it was such a covenient bus ride away I couldn't resist.
Immediately after I bought the bus ticket an American woman coming the
other way recognized me from Calcutta last November and gave me some
info.. expensive and almost non-existant public transportation. Off I
went anyways. Arrived at 10pm and stayed up all night at a 24hr
restaurant... made a bunch of new friends.. pic.. all Indian expats
working here ( but not as many as Dubai ). The 'Lonely Planet'
guidebook budget choice was still 'budget' at 10 Riels (27usd) but my
first room had bedbugs. I've already lost one battle with bedbugs in
Mumbai and was very happy there was another room available - switched -
whew.

I walked to the Sultan's palace. Above you see a picture of the back of
the palace on the water.. you might notice the red anti-aircraft guns
if you click on the picture to see the large version. He has a large
boat docked near my hotel as well.. I think it's his personal yacht but
it's maybe 6 decks and looks more like a small cruiseliner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

, its me MERVIN, filipino guy in a bus ride from muscat to dubai. i wasn't able to bid goodbye that time because it's pass midnight already and went straight home for early work this morning.

Arriving from office, I checked your blogspot and decided to leave my comment.

Keep it up man,I used to dream to be like you, but now im tied with work being an architect in this then-booming-but-not-now DUBAI.

If you are in the philippines and by chance im on my vacation, i would be very glad to show you around....

All the best....

mervingam@yahoo.com