Friends from the morning train hopped on the afternoon train
back to Delhi - quick trip!! I went the other way and hopped on a
short local bus followed by a quick walk to the border with Pakistan.
The daily closing ceremonies have been tamed down recently but are still
very much oer-the-top.. as the lonely planet says - reminiscent of
Monty Python's "ministry of silly walks" .
As you can see from the pictures it seems more
like a football game than a flag
ceremony. It's much easier to get a good seat on the
Pakistani side which makes it all seem physically unbalanced as well.
I came back to find that I was supposed to leave something on my bed to
reserve it.. ended up spending the first night in a row of beds in the
larger hall mainly occupied by exotic european women... oh
well ;)
For more on the border click here to check out wikipedia's entry.

No comments:
Post a Comment