only a few weeks before the terrorists struck. All of us were staying
across the street. Florent from France (2nd from the right)
left after I did... only the night before the attack! He almost missed
his train too!
I ran around on my last day to take some pics of my 'neighbourhood'.
The first shows Leopolds looking east. Gokul, one of my haunts, is off
a little street to the left halfway back. You can see the NW corner of
the Taj at the end of the street. Next pic: The main part of the Taj
taken from the waterfront (east side). Main entrance is an annex just
off the right edge of the picture. The next pic is from the left
corner of the Taj pic and you can see the place I stayed.. back in tbe
trees kitty corner. My window is just in the trees. The last
building pic is a clearer view.. my dorm was the top floor. Last pic is
from the slums to the south and I understand was a terrorist boat
landing spot? It's the first non-walled access from the south. The Taj
and Gateway monument is hidden off to the left behind a
restaurant/wedding celebration jetty. You can see the naval shipyards
in the distance.
pics to add:
1106
1115
1121
1122
0997
No comments:
Post a Comment