Thursday, November 27, 2008

Breaking News - Terrorist attacks a bit to close to 'home'

Nov 27 '08
Yikes... I've been in Kalkutta ( Calcutta ) for a few days now and
gone from Mumbai less than a week and just saw a newspaper... Mumbai
was attacked last night! They used grenades and automatic weapons at
about 6 tourist spots including The Taj and Leopolds' ( see my Mumbai
entry below ) as well as the train station I used and the hospital I stopped by as well as the other hotel I walked by and ... I think I've frequented or at least walked by every spot they hit ( including the Parel location way to the north and the two boat landing sites)! I
almost wish I could've done something about it (like what I don't know) but it's better I just
missed it by a few days as I'd probably feel even worse about not
being able to divert it in some way... or worse yet to be one of the
victims. At least 40 dead and climbing... and I imagine with two gunmen going into
tiny Leopolds many were from there.. and I'd say 70% of the people in
Leopolds at any time are tourists... there will be more sad news from
there.
I'm fine of course but have yet to talk to a few friends who may
still be there. Crossing my fingers. We were all staying two blocks
from Leopolds and across the street from the Taj.

No comments: