Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kuta Beach, Bali

Sept 11, 2008
This is it.. Kuta Beach.. Party Central. This is
also where the bombing took place... Twice.. In October and if they did
the same spacing this would be the year. This is the memorial (pic).
Kuta beach is a great place to learn to surf. I only did half a day
and just rented a surfboard for 30,000 rupee ($2.80) and gave it a shot
without surfing lessons. I was able to stand on the board almost on the
first try due to my practice with a pro
windsurfing board in Seattle. Note - I am not a pro windsurfer.. so
that never worked out well! In Kuta the surf crashes almost
immediately so it´s fun just to learn on the resulting whitewater. I
tried to catch the real wave a few times but didn´t enjoy getting
crushed when successive 4' waves came and crashed early... Right on
me! 4' is quite a bit when it's 4' over your head!

No comments: