A few notes after the fact...
Almost missed a flight... Just in time is becoming my motto... I went camera shopping in Jakarta and then barely got back to my hotel in time to get to the airport. Not a good idea when it´s the last day of your visa and you are in a country that will throw you in jail for a 10 day overstay. Daily penalties up until then are about $30USD a day and a chance for the immigration agent to make you miserable. When I got to the airport shuttle bus I realized the trip to the airport was a long one and that I hadn´t given myself anywhere near enough time! I got off the bus and hopped in a Taxi before realizing that wasn´t going to do it either.. my only hope was a delayed flight and sure enough.. it was 30 min delayed! I still had to run but ended up with 5 minutes to spare before boarding commenced.
Revisit Rabies - When I initially researched rabies ( having being bit by a mouse in Bangkok ) I read that in north America most of the rabies deaths are from people who were bit by a bat but didn´t realize they had been bit as teh incisions are so small. Just recently it clicked that when I was in Seattle I had woken up with what I thought was two small spider bites on the back of my neck... very neatly spaced and tiny. Now I realize there´s a good chance it was a bat bite as there were plenty of bats ( vampire bats??? ) around the area! I´m not sure what freaks me out more.. the idea of being bitten by a large spider or a bat. Anyways.. I´m sure glad there was no rabies in that bite.. that was almost 10 years ago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment